عرفات حسن الفيومي
(Objectives / الأهداف)
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to :
- Explain how corporate governance principles, tools & techniques can help financial institutions in overcoming banking & financial market crises.
- Explain why corporate governance is needed; where conflict of interest comes from (Agency Problem)?
- Identify latest financial industry approaches & trends with respect to corporate governance (models of corporate governance).
- Verify the conceptual framework that relates corporate governance with risk management objectives.
- Develop their abilities to drill down core attributes of effective corporate governance.
- Test major elements of a firm's statement of corporate governance: Signals for corporate governance strengths/weaknesses.
- Explain valuation implications of corporate governance on a financial firm's equity prices, reputation & competitiveness.
(Contents / المحتويات)
- Introduction; why corporate governance is important?
- Term Definitions:
- Agency Problem.
- Conflict of interest.
- Shareholders-Stakeholders relationships.
- Objectives of corporate governance.
- Relationship between risk management & corporate governance.
- Major Business Forms: where conflict of interest emerges from?
- Models of corporate governance:
- Anglo-Saxon Models.
- Coordinated (multi-task) Models .
- Hybrid Models.
- Core Attributes of effective corporate governance; testing whether a firm's corporate governance has those attributes.
- Testing major elements of a firm's statement of corporate governance:
- Signals for corporate governance strengths .
- Signals for corporate governance weaknesses .
- Responsibilities in corporate governance:
- Board of Directors.
- Senior management.
- Risk officers.
- Valuation implications of corporate governance.
(Participants / المشاركون)
- Risk Management Staff Members
- Internal Audit Officers
- Financial Control Officers
- Basel Implementation Officers