The core text for the qualification is the excellent new publication Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance by Professor James Byrne of the Institute of International Law & Banking Practice (IIBLP). It has been written specifically to complement CTFC and is supported by an interactive module delivered by Coastline Solutions.
The study materials will:
- Offer a detailed introduction to trade and trade products for professionals unfamiliar with its structure.
- Identify the best practices for exercising due diligence in trade transactions.
- Provide comprehensive steps in overcoming the common types of financial crimes that are facing financial institutions today.
- Explain the indicators bankers need to be aware of in order to take proactive steps in preventing their financial institution from becoming a victim of financial crime or incurring a regulatory fine.
- Discuss how financial institutions can identify and prevent the occurrence of money laundering, terrorism financing, bribery, commercial fraud and the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
This qualification gives you the technical knowledge to succeed in trade finance compliance and the ability to apply expertise in a professional setting. It is a valuable benchmark for Trade Finance Operations Staff, Relationship Managers, Bank Audit and Compliance Staff, and Risk Managers.
The wide-ranging scope of this international qualification includes:
- anti money-laundering
- countering terrorism financing
- sanctions and anti boycott provisions
- weapons of mass destruction
- bribery and corruption
- commercial fraud
The CTFC is a Level 4 qualification registered with Ofqual in the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
- Comprehensive study materials are provided online
- Registration is open all year round
- Multiple-choice exam assessment is available internationally
- On completion, you can use the CTFC designation after your name
CTFC consists of one unit. Trade Finance Compliance